Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Your Island of Fun in a Sea of Negativity

He coulda had fun sometime.-Karl Childers

I have heard it said that sometimes you have to laugh to keep from crying.

Not that there's anything wrong with crying. The Bible tells us that there's a time to weep.

And, hey, even self-inflicted wounds hurt!

Nonetheless, I have come to the conclusion (don't stop me if you've heard this, just nod and laugh) that all the world is divided into two parts: the first where life is lived as a soap opera, and the place where life is approached like a Bugs Bunny cartoon.

Where I spend my days depends largely on how seriously I take me.

One of my favorite quotes is in the margin of this blog: "I am just a man, like any other."

In our Sunday morning Sunday School discussion this past Sunday, the word "entitlement" was used. It is the sickness of our age, I believe, and its most visible symptom is any thought or sentence that begins with "I deserve."

Well we all know what we REALLY deserve, right? I've also heard it said that if God never did a single thing for us besides saving our souls, we should rejoice.

I agree. But I know that he pours out such daily blessings that we can't count them. There's this, for example:

http://hurricane-camille.blogspot.com/2016/06/morning-respite.html





So how is God glorified in my trouble, my trials, my pain?

I find myself asking that a lot. It can be quite obvious sometimes. Other times it's one of those questions you add to the list of things you'll ask Him when you see Him face-to-face.

If you're not scared speechless at His holiness, that is (Isaiah's reaction).

Or maybe simply overcome with joyous laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment