Friday, April 7, 2017

If Ever I Forget You

Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints. -Psalm 116:15


If ever I should forget you, let all memory be gone from me.

If I should cease to think of you daily, let me cease to think.

Let me not weary my friends with my recalling but if I should cease to speak of you, let me cease to speak.

But I will not forget and every day a half-forgotten recollection will creep forth to surprise me, to delight me, to heal me.

And I will meditate on how I waited half my life for you and that which we shared was worth the waiting.

And I will speak to those who loved you that we might re-live the joy of that love, and to those I wish had known you that, in some way, they might experience you in the sharing.

I am convinced that yours will be the second face I behold when I open my eyes in heaven.

For we will meet again.

And I will remember you.



No comments:

Post a Comment