Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Clean Sheets

...the LORD gave and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD. -Job 1:21b

I put fresh sheets on the bed yesterday.

I cannot help but think of my wife whenever I do this and her delight in such a simple task and always (really, ALWAYS) exclaiming, "Clean sheets, Junior!"

I cannot see her face in my mind.

But there are pictures, many pictures. And memories so vivid of acts of kindness and loving care. And laughter.

Small things, you might say, but precious things that bear me up throughout the days.

And hope.

How do people do it, I often wonder, who have no hope of the resurrection? What good are the memories of good times past without the sure and certain promise of the life to come?

I cannot "only imagine."

But I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that day.

We shall meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment