Monday, February 22, 2021

If You Should Go Skating...

 ...on the thin ice of modern life....-Pink Floyd

 

So I fully realize the perilous nature of ice and snow and the hazard they pose for elderly folk venturing haplessly onto such surfaces.

 

Indeed, I know of a man who broke the largest bone in the human body while fooling about in icy conditions (here's to ya Ken, heal quickly, my friend).

 

I also realize that, in addition to bodily harm, there is also the embarrassment and inconvenience of lying prone on the frozen tundra until someone comes along to help you up.

 

Having realized all that, I decided to wait until the snow and ice cleared up before taking any such tumble myself.

 

Which I did, about an hour ago while clearing away the remains of the aforementioned (and by now, extremely tiresome) ice and snow.


No worries, mates. No severe injuries except a minor scrape on the heel of my hand. Peroxide, Unguentine and a bandaid and I'm good to go.


No wounds to the pride since there were no witnesses and I sprang quickly up. That last part is a lie, by the way. 


I must admit that my conscience is very much wounded as Bro. Billy's sermon yesterday touched upon our need (much of the time?) to repent of our repentance, as feeble as it is. While I was not "dragging behind me the silent reproach of a million tear-stained eyes," I am endeavoring to be heartily sorry for the words that left my lips as my body hit the ground.

 

Pray for me.

 



 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment