Friday, April 20, 2012

Master of Puppets

Master of puppets,
I'm pulling your strings
Twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.

Sounds like addiction, hmm? Name your poison.

As I peruse the lyrics,

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/m/metallica/master+of+puppets_20092140.html

maybe I can see something else there. The thing behind the addiction. The appetite behind all the destruction.

Sin.

And its author.

The thief. He comes to kill, steal and destroy.

The father of lies. Look at the lyrics again:

Master, master, where's the dreams that I've been after?
Master, master, promised only lies.

Sound familiar?

The fruit was good for food, pleasing to the eye, and desirable to make one wise. Remember?

John Owen said "Be sure to be killing sin or it will be killing you."

It will make you a slave and take your life.

Listen to the master of puppets gloat:

Come crawling faster, obey your master.

It doesn't have to be this way.

O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemy triumph over me (Psalm 25:2

No comments:

Post a Comment