Friday, April 26, 2013

Don't Believe a Word

Don't believe me if I tell you
Not a word of this is true
Don't believe me if I tell you
Especially if I tell you I'm in love with you
-Phil Lynott

I was warned not to do this.

Still, fools rush in where wise men fear to tread, so here goes.

To any young ladies who might find yourselves reading this:

Some of you have noticed, I see, that guys will say anything. Others of you, I fear, will discover this truth soon enough. So let this guy (who used to be one of those guys) say this to you.

Please don't define yourself by whatever relationship you happen to be in (or not be in).

Don't settle. Just because he likes you is no reason to go gaga over him. I'm not saying you should be cynical. Or maybe I am.

Are you putting pressure on yourself to "have a boyfriend?" Cut it out immediately.

Respect yourself. You don't have to put up with any crap from a guy. But don't be the kind of person who dishes it out either.

Priorities. "Few things are needed--or indeed, only one (Luke 10:42a)." What one thing is Jesus talking about here? Is it that you need a man in your life? 

There is a beautiful song, "Somewhere in the World."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NzjZLHHiqk


What love we truly experience in this life is grounded in God's love. It comes down, I think, to this: do you believe the lies of the world (including the ones you tell yourself) or the eternal truth of an Almighty God?

...so hold onto Jesus, baby, wherever you are. -Wayne Watson










No comments:

Post a Comment