Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Comfort and Joy

When you think "comfort", do you think "food"?

Me too.

Simple but filling and tasty. You know, beans, taters and cornbread. You can make your own list.

But a good way to begin to think about the other ways we experience the sensation of comfort.

For example, there's this older (I can't think of them as "elderly") couple I know. They've been married for many, many years.

They have been through the struggles, weathered the storms, raised their children and are enjoying their grandchildren and their retirement.

That's some comfortable stuff.

What about those younger married couples that I know?

I have a friend who is fond of saying, "There's nothing like being married!"

And I think of the several families for whom I pray daily.

And it has occurred to me that comfort is one of the things I should be asking for on their behalf.

Because sometimes we forget to recognize the sheer comfort we get from the blessing of a hard-working, dedicated husband or wife.

Because it's just so comfortable, I suppose, it is perhaps so easy not to appreciate.

I am grateful for the chance to have recognized that comfort, to have been appreciative of it and been made joyful in it.

Here's to you and yours this day and every day.

Peace, comfort and joy be unto you!



No comments:

Post a Comment