Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Got It

When were preparing for Joyce's funeral service, Billy asked me if she had a favorite passage of Scripture, one he could use as the text of the sermon.

Without hesitation I replied, "Psalm 91." I went on to explain to him how she had often cited this one as her favorite.

I went on to share how we had been reading through Psalms together each evening, discussing the meaning of each and how they applied to ourselves.

And how, a couple of nights before her passing, we had come to the 91st. We read it together, she turned to me and said, "You don't have to explain this one to me, I got it."

Billy led us through the Psalm at the service, verse by verse and concluded with the story I just shared. 

He smiled and said, "She got it."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment