Friday, April 7, 2023

Lifetime

A lifetime is not forever. 

When we're in the midst of living it, maybe it seems as though it will never end.

And I mean that in a good way, not like some things you've experienced that seem as if they will never end.

But life keeps you so busy, in the living of it, that maybe you don't reflect on the fleeting nature of it all. It's more of an ongoing thing is what I guess I'm trying to say.

Which is almost all to the good? 

It's the looking back much later on, I think, that lets us meditate on what we mean when we say "lifetime."

Which is also good, right? 

Speaking strictly for me, when I was a lot younger, I didn't possess the ability to think deeply on such a deep subject.

So here's to life. I'm thankful for the good things, and even the not-so-good things, our coming together, then parting, our gladness, our sorrow.

Our lifetimes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Life, I mean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment