Saturday, February 5, 2011

Time

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
Fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way.

Forgive me, Heavenly Father, for I have sinned.

Tempus fugit

Sometimes I wish this day would just hurry up and end. How
foolish of me. Time, even when left to itself, flies.

I gaze at a photograph of my grandson and read that he resembles
myself at that age. Peace and blessings be upon you, young man.
May you go with God.

And I wonder, what happened to those forty-five years? There
were days, I am sure, that I thought would never end. I stare at this photograph and pray that you will see each precious minute given
you as a gift from God.

Time spent in contemplation of His goodness and mercy is time well-spent. Cherish your family. Look upon your job as a heavenly
calling. You will be placed there to to be a blessing, and to be blessed.

No need to wish for the day to be over. That time, when passed,
will be just as lost as the minutes of pleasure you enjoy.

And then, one day, you will look around and ask, where did it go?
So cherish it, but don't hoard it. Multiply it by sharing it. Enjoy God
and increase the value of your time. Give it back to Him by serving Him. It's all His anyway.

And we run and we run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking;
Racing around, to come up behind us again.


Forgive me, oh Heavenly Father, for against You, and You alone, have I sinned.

No comments:

Post a Comment