Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Come to the Waters

I had a dream last night.

You ever have one of those where you wake up thinking: what brought that on?

A dear brother in Christ and I were desponding over folks who profess Jesus as savior, but seem not to desire Him as Lord.

Now, I have a ever-increasing awareness of the beam in my own eye. It is, as the old song says, HARD to be humble. Not because I'm so great, but because of the tendency of the heart toward pride.

So as the the dream progressed, our hearts became increasingly broken for those who can't seem to want to claim the abundant life of surrender to Jesus' Lordship.

Not that any of us ever acheive it completely, but there are those who dwell in misery (unnecessarily) as they seek to accomplish their will through their power.

And so we were driven to tears and prayer.

And then I woke up.

What a strange dream.

This salvation.

How is it that some skip across its surface like stones across a pond, while others plunge deep into its cooling, refreshing waters?

The promise is for everyone who thirsts.

Aren't you thirsty?



No comments:

Post a Comment