Monday, June 17, 2013

A Tragic Accident

Occurred Sunday morning at the intersection of Faith and Culture.

Darth Vader performed during the worship service of the local church.

Well, alright, he gave his testimony. Yes, I know he's imaginary,
but the board of deacons felt it would be okay if the youth put on a skit. Right after the offering but before the sermon. You know, in place of the special music.

To demonstrate, you see, how Jesus can save even the awfulest sinner. You might disagree, then, that this was an accident.

Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. -Matthew 22:29.

The story of the miraculous conversion of that real flesh-and-blood baddie, Saul, would have served as well, don't you think.

It was a tragic accident, as stated. Brought about by carelessness as accidents are. No dishonor or disrespect intended to God or His Glory (1 Corinthians 10:31).

Faith and Culture have been a dangerous intersection for years now. By way of confession, let me state that it makes me shudder to remember how I have taken many a wrong turn there and ended up in the ditch of self-glorification.

But I tend to do things in a spectacular fashion (especially my failures). It is mostly a subtle thing to fall short of God's Glory.

We in the Church have neglected to have care that our view of God be a Biblical one (Hebrews 12:28-29). Am I casting stones here? How can I when we all have fallen short of God's glory?

I am merely stating that the Psalmist was absolutely right:

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; all those who practice it have a good understanding. His praise endures forever! -Psalm 111:10

Isn't that what you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment