Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Beginning Is Near

...and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. -Matthew 24:30b


This is amazing!
Does anyone know who the artist is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TQXmAWac7Y




You can see lots of interesting stuff on YouTube.

Not sure of this artist's intent, but can the Christian help but see, in the opening imagery, the analogy to our own fallen and ruined world?

For me, the stark and plaintive music underscores the mood as the camera scans the solidity of the restraining, restricting wall (like a prison wall?) and reminds me so much of how our sin has imprisoned us.

Of course, the artist may be merely attempting to decry our self-destructive tendencies. But still I must ask: from where do those tendencies come?

I said the final image reminds me of Matthew 24:30. I know that Jesus spoke these words as a warning to his listeners, but as I see the figure perched atop the rickety ladder gazing longingly (hopefully?) into the heavens, I hear words of promise; the promise of fulfillment, of completion, of the joy to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment